Haight Village Historic District, Rockford, Illinois

Haight Village

Historic District

Haight Village National Register Historic District — Rockford, IL

328 South First Street — Clark House

< Previous
Next >

Built by the founder of the manufacturing company John L. Clark in the 1890s. J. L. Clark, the company, to this day is a leader in the production of metal and packing for products around the world. House was sold in 1915 to Thomas G. Doran, father of clothiers Willima B. and Robert J. Doran. Doran's daughters, Katherine and Ramona were Rockford teachers and moved from the home in the mid 1950s. Doran's son Thomas G. went into the priesthood and was ordained on December 20, 1961. On June 24, 1994, then Father Doran was ordained and installed as the Eighth Bishop of the Rockford Diocese of the Roman Catholic Church.


© 2004 - 2017 Haight Village Historic District — Rockford, IL — All Rights Reserved.